Friday 21 May 2010

How to Pass PMP on Your First Try

I have passed my PMP exam on first attempt and i love to share my lesson learned.

  1. Read PMBOK and fill the gaps in your knowledge areas.Write on your book where you finds gaps.
  2. Study from One Source ...Yes please re-read it study from one source....trust me if you start reading from different books it become very complicated.I have Rita, PM Head First, Kim Heldman , Cornelius Podcast and Jim Owen notes but in the end I just read from Rita..Rita and Rita.
  3. Please do not try to memorize ITTOs, Its a waste of time. Try to understand them and develop concepts in your mind.
  4. I read Rita first time and second time after reading each chapter I practised Rita fast track questions.Fast Track question are very difficult as compare to actual exam but helps alot in developing concepts.
  5. Alway think about large projects when you answer PMP questions.
  6. Must try the PMStudy Free Test at http://www.pmstudy.com/.
  7. Must read PMI code of ethics for professional and responsibility questions.
  8. Time keeping is very important, you must plan how you are going to answers 200 questions.I marked all lengthy,numerical question and solve them in the end.
  9. Read all the answers before you mark the right option.
  10. if you feel unmotivated or feeling down please watch this video

4 comments:

  1. thanks alot sir,ur lesson learned inspired me alot and finally I have gone through my exam.I am PMP nowww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. The post was long, but I loved to read it till the last word. It was so nice blog.....................Click Here to Known More Information about Oracle Coaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice onepmp certification in malaysia

    ReplyDelete